(Click on the images to be taken to Goodreads page)
Review: The Boyfriend Sessions by Belinda Williams
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Chick Lit
Please take your seats. The journey to happiness may involve some turbulence.
Christa Morrison has commitment issues, a fact that quickly becomes apparent after she flees a romantic proposal in Paris, the thunder of impending wedding bells ringing in her ears.
Back in Sydney, she turns to her closest friends for reassurance. Instead they offer her a startling and painful diagnosis: she’s a relationship junkie. The cure? An extreme rehabilitation program guaranteed to reform even the most L-word illiterate.
With her girlfriends along for the ride, Christa commits to their radical plan and the chances of recovery look good. The only problem is Max Spencer. The one guy Christa—and her friends—never expected her to fall for. But he’s proving to be a temptation she may not have the willpower to resist …
For a shot at happiness, is being with Max worth betraying her friends? And will Christa have the strength to trust her heart when her colorful relationship history comes back to haunt her?
It might just be enough to make a poor girl leave the country (again).
I saw the cover for this and it piqued my curiosity! This a new release you need to get onto! The Boyfriend Sessions is a great read. Christa is always running away from commitment, but doesn’t know why, or how to stop it. After a surprise proposal in Paris, she runs back to Australia and finds comfort with her friends. All is not as it seems though, as the friends band together and put her through her paces, imposing a man-ban and starting weekly counseling sessions over wine (WINNING – I mean, great idea!).
I loved reading this book. The author does a lovely job of creating believable situations and scenery, and as I was reading about all the places in Sydney, I could see it clear as a sunny harbour day. So much fun to think about walking exactly where the characters were walking, or sitting, or doing boot camp! There were times where I was sad, or my heart was clenching a bit. There were also times were I smiled and fist pumped. All through the book, although I was a little frustrated with her, I still found Christa to be likeable. The way the author writes her, you have empathy and compassion for her past, rather than thinking she’s an idiot for just “not getting it”.
This was a well thought out story and one I highly recommended if you’re after a lovely Aussie based romance to read on a sunny day.
And just in case you weren’t sure.. here’s a little Max-spiration from the author’s website!
Authors Website: Goodreads: Facebook : Twitter
CLICK FOR VARIOUS BUYING LINKS
*I received a copy of this book from Netgalley
in exchange for an honest review – very glad so say I loved it!
Giveaway – 51 Authors & Blogs – 80 prizes to be Won!
I’m participating in an awesome giveaway at the moment. It’s all about getting exposure to lots of great authors, and bloggers out there! All you have to do is go to the Rafflecopter page to enter. You can reach the competition link by clicking on the image below.
1. J.L. Beck – Winners Coice of an ebook at $2.99
2. Julie Farrell – Winners Choice of an ebook written by her
3. T.E. Ridener – Winner’s Choice of an ebook written by her
4. Kira Adams – Ebook written by her
5. Kira Adams – Ebook written by her
6. Kira Adams – Ebook written by her
7. Kira Adams – Ebook written by her
8. Kerry Gray Dubrock – Ebook written by her
9. L. Kandice Allman – Swag Totebag
10. B.A. Dillion – Signed Paperback written by her
11. Gone Readin – $5 Amazon Gift Card
12. Blakely Bennett – Ebook written by her
13. Blakely Bennett – Ebook written by her
14. Ava Bell – Large Swag Pack
15. Stephanie Stacker – Ebook of Magyn’s Letter
16. Stephanie Stacker – Ebook of Magyn’s Awakening
17. Stephanie Stacker – Ebook of Magyn’s Decisions
18. Alexander McCabe – Ebook of Greater Expectations
19. Michelle Irwin – Ebook of Through the Fire
20. Book Reviews, Blogs and Amazon Links – Ebook of Elise Marion’s The Second Son
21. The Birthright Series – Ebook of Birthright’s Tethered
22. The Birthright Series – Ebook of Birthright’s Tempted
23. S. Reynolds – Ebook written by her
24. S. Reynolds – Ebook written by her
25. Stephanie Nett – Winner’s choice of ebook up to $3.99
26. Breigh Forstner – Ebook of Straight From the Heart
27. Breigh Forstner – $5 Amazon Gift Card
28. Carolyn Ridder Aspenson – Novella of Inn at Laurel Creek
29. Carolyn Ridder Aspenson – Ebook of Unfinished Business/An Angel and Panther
30. Indie Authors and Books Blog – Winner’s Choice of Author to be spotlighted on their page for one day
31. EJ Logan – Ebook of Unbreak Me
32. Independent Authors – Ebook of Killers and Demons II
33. A.F. Stewart – Ebook of Legends of Love
34. John Wiley – Ebook written by him
35. John Wiley – Promo code for Audiobook by him
36. Diary of a Book Addict – $5 Amazon Gift Card
37. Nancy Sartor – $5 Amazon Gift Card
38. Lucee Santini – Ebook written by her
39. Carrie Fox – Ebook written by her
40. Bibliophile Jen – Ebook of Side by Kim Holden
41. Bibliophile Jen – Ebook of All of It by Kim Holden
42. Aimie Grey – Signed Paperback written by her
43. JB Heller – Ebook of Vipers Den Part One
44. Lisa Glenn – Ebook of Born of an Angel
45. Lisa Glenn – Ebook of Leftovers
46. Shea Swain – Ebook of Lascivious
47. Shea Swain – $5 Amazon Gift Card
48. Bella Johnson – Ebook written by her
49. Book Reviews, Blogs and Amazon Links – Ebook of Danielle Harmon’s The Beloved One
50. Elizabeth Johns – Winner’s Choice of Ebook through Amazon up to $5.
51. Rae Matthews – Ebook of Sasha
52. Rae Matthews – Ebook of Sasha
53. BL Berry – Ebook of Love Nouveau
54. Janet Mota – Winners choice of an ebook on Amazon at $0.99
55. Charlene M. Martin – Winners Choice of an ebook on Amazon at $0.99
56. SydneyGen Reads – Winners choice of ebook on Amazon up to $5
57. Carly Wakefield – $5 Amazon Gift Card
58. Danielle Stewart – Ebook of Cutting Ties Book 2
59. S.E. Hall – Ebooks of the Evolve Series Boxed Set
60. S.E. Hall – Ebooks of the Evolve Series Boxed Set
61. Independent Author – Ebook Copy of Legends and Lore
61. Tessa Brookfield – Ebook written by her
62. Tessa Brookfield – Ebook written by her
63. Tessa Brookfield – Ebook written by her
64. SJ Molloy – Winner’s Choice of Ebook of Lussuria or L’Amore
65. SJ Molloy – Winners Choice of Ebook of Lussuria or L’Amore
66. SJ Molloy – Winners Choice of Ebook of Lussuria or L’Amore
67. SJ Molloy – Winners Choice of Ebook of Lussuria or L’Amore
68. H.S. Strickland- Ebook of The Missing Pieces
69. United Indie Book Blog – Winner’s Choice of an Ebook at $2.99
70. Bookends Book Club – Winner’s Choice of Author to be spotlighed on their blog for an entire day
71. Quira Casey – Ebook Written by Her
72. Carly Fall – Two Supernatural Renegade Magnuts and Supernatural Renegade Pen
73. LA Cotton – Ebook of Fate’s Love
74. LA Cotton – Ebook of Fate’s Love
75. Book Reviews, Blogs and Amazon Links – Ebook of Liberty For Paul
76. Sharon Bayliss- Ebook of Destruction
77. Sharon Bayliss – Ebook of Destruction
78. Sharon Bayliss – Ebook of Destruction
79. Sharon Bayliss – Ebook of Destruction
80. Sharon Bayliss – Ebook of Destruction
You’ve got to be in it, to win it! Good Luck, Everyone!
Review – Always by Amanda Weaver
Genre: Adult Romance. Contemporary Romance. New Adult. Angst.
From the moment they meet, their connection is perfect in every way but one.
It’s New Year’s Eve, 2007, and Justine James is fronting her dead-end band for a less-than-adoring crowd. But there’s one person there who sees what she could be—one person who changes everything for her.
Dillon Pierce clawed his way up from the LA streets with no one to count on but his best friend, Ash. Their years of struggle finally pay off when their band, Outlaw Rovers, gets signed and their single takes off. With Ash as the magnetic lead singer and Dillon as the band’s musical soul, they’re destined for greatness, provided Dillon can keep Ash from self-destructing first.
Dillon might not be fronting Outlaw Rovers, but he’s always been the only one Justine sees. She’s followed his career from afar and when he shows up at her crummy New Year’s Eve gig, nothing will stop her from meeting him. They forge an intense connection, rapidly moving from friends to musical soul mates. Justine wants much more, but she’s not willing to climb over groupies and industry bottom-feeders to make it happen. Dillon becomes a fixture in her life, but she has to figure out how to keep him out of her heart.
Outlaw Rovers begins to implode as Justine’s star is on the rise. The years that follow bring equal parts fame and ruin. For Justine, a new love supplants her old heartbreak, and Dillon has to reboot his life after losing nearly everything that matters. Despite the odds, Dillon and Justine remain devoted friends and musical collaborators. After all the missed chances, wrong turns and painful detours, can they finally find the happiness together that seemed destined from the start?
I wasn’t sure I was going to love this book. I was after a bit of a rock-star read, as I’ve been on them lately, and I was told this had a bit angst in it. I didn’t have to worry, in the end it worked out this one was going to prove to surpass my expectations, and rocket onto my favourites list. Not your typical groupie meets rock-star, they fall in love, can’t deal with being a rockstar….nope, not this one. This is a great read of two people who meet by chance, and form a connection of friendship and mutual interest. The connection and unresolved attraction stays, all the way until the end. I love the way the musical connections are portrayed between Justine and Dillon. The drama, and the progression of the story, as the heroine carves her own path in the music world, all the while, watching the drama of a band and a guy she’s idolised fall apart, makes this a book you’ll want to finish reading in one sitting.
Read this if you’re after a bit of drama, maybe a few tissues, but an all over excellent book about rock stars, and dreams of climbing to the top.
Click to go to Amanda Weaver’s Website for more information on her books and where to buy.
I’ve done it, again!! I’ve started another blog! This one comes as I’m taking a uni break and find myself reading like a crazy person! I do have Goodreads, and enjoy leaving comments over there, but I also love to blog. So here we have it. A crazy, lil blog of what I’m reading, and what I thought. If I like something I’ll preach it to the world. If I don’t like something, I’ll share it, and let you make up your own mind.
I like to read most genres, although I tend to shy away from horror. My imagination is crazy enough! If you have any book recommendations you would like to give, please, let me know!
I’m based in Australia, and look forward to showcasing lots of Aussie authors (plus international!!) as I get ready for the upcoming Fictionally Yours – Melbourne – Author Invasion, in October 2015!